Reports to: Service Manager
Job Status: Permanent Full-Time
Bored of doing the same thing day in and day out? Wish you could tune up your job? If so, its time to step onto that skyjack and move your career up with Trailer Wizards! We are a coast to coast Canadian owned and operated company that has been in business for over 50 years. If you are a Wiz at figuring out mechanical problems and take pride in knowing that you’ve repaired and put safe equipment on the road—then we want to hear from you! We are currently hiring Trailer Mechanics for our Delta Service Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs preventative and scheduled maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment to manufacturers’ specs
- Write explanations of work performed, review work orders.
- Charge out all parts used for the specific task
- Previous experience in the industry would be an asset
- Knowledge of Heavy Truck Garage safety principles and behaviours
- Experience in fabrication and welding is an asset
- Basic knowledge of ABS diagnostic software
- Good written and oral communication
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to lift up to 85 pounds.
Trailer Wizards offers an excellent pension plan and a top notch benefits package that includes an employee & family assistance plan, critical illness & a healthcare spending account. We are an equal opportunity employer providing an above average pay package, to above average employees, tool and boot allowance, prescription safety glass program, and training opportunities. We do encourage teamwork – but we don’t want to see you on the weekends – this is a Monday to Friday shift. Work-life and family are important to us and we like to have fun.
If you are looking for a safe, clean shop and some good people to work with – then we are looking for you. You can submit an online application at www.trailerwizards.com in the Careers section or fax (toll free): 1-855-907-1722. At Trailer Wizards we recognize that it is our people who make the difference and are the key to our growth and ongoing success.